Saturday, November 14, 2009

Half way through November:

Two weeks. TWO WEEKS! Two weeks and November is history. Two weeks and I am staring back wondering where that time went. What did I do with those 14 days.  This semester has gone by too fast, but it was so much fun and so worth it. I have never met such a good group of friends as fast as I have down here. Even though I miss home and am excited to get back, I don't want to say goodbye. I want to leave for a few weeks and come back in January to see everybody once again. However, I know that wont be the case. So I making up for lost time. Doing the things that I have been wanting to do. I can't believe this semester is ending. I know the real world and the real L.A. is totally different from what I have been experiencing, but I am excited to see what it will be like. Where is my future headed? I don't know, that is in God's hands. Am I worried? I think not. I am more excited than anything.

It's the weekend today. I like weekends. No work, all play, and church. Gotta love the weekends. Tonight I am heading out a fancy event in Beverly Hills. It's like a networking dinner thing. I am really excited and can't wait to see who I will meet. But that is a few hours away. For now, I am relaxing with tea and reading a good book. Yay for reading! Tomorrow I am heading north to go to a sweet church. I am excited. Monday i start my last full week of the month of November. Kind of crazy.

I have made great advancements at my internship. I did full desk coverage of the "worst" desk on Friday. I was told these warnings: "expect to be yelled at." "It's insane." "Don't take anything personal." I experienced these things: "Joe you are awesome thanks for filling in!" "If Jon is sick Monday I don't want anyone to fill this desk other than you." I consider this a sign that I did a good job. Especially since everyone was surprised I didn't leave crying on Friday! Ha. I enjoyed it. It was intense and a lot of fun. I set up meetings with directors and talent and rolled calls to cell phones and the such. It was crazy. If I had to work at a desk anywhere, it would have to be in L.A. The reason? The people I call and the meetings I set up are awesome! It's fun calling Dreamworks and Fox. I like it. But we will see. Being a personal assistant is how you get started in this town, and so far it hasn't been that bad. Will I be moving back to this town? I don't know. But as every day passes I see that it is possible to make it down here. My future is open, only time will tell.

It is time for me to get ready for my day. So I will end this post with another thank you as I always do. All your support this semester has carried me on in ways you can't even imagine. Thanks for reading and encouraging me this semester. I look forward to seeing you all in the future!
Thanks,
-P.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment